CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Maybes And Mistakes

Is that what you call a getaway
Well tell me what you got away with
'Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish
I've seen more guts in eleven year old kids
So have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope there's ice on all the roads
So you can think of me when you forget you seatbelt
And again when your head goes through the windshield
-Seventy Times Seven, Brand New

Making a mistake sucks. Being a mistake sucks more. But hey, that's me. I dig myself a hole and forget to build a wall around it so I don't bring everyone else down with me. At least I'm good at something.

The worst part is the aftermath. Where I can't stop thinking about what happened, what could have happened, and what should have happened. This goes on for a long time. Then it's all brought back when the next mistake happens.

'Mistake' is such a loaded word. It implies something that you did by accident. As opposed to something you did, then realised it was stupid. It also implies something that you learn from, and don't do again. Or maybe it's just me, maybe these things aren't mistakes at all.

And maybe, just maybe, these stupid thoughts don't have anything to do with self destruction. Maybe I meant to do these stupid things. Maybe, for once, I'm not a fake.

But I doubt it.

Stay tuned for more Pathetic Tales From A Broken Doll.

xx

3 comments:

Cross-Eyed Morgan said...

I want to say something constructive, but you said yourself on facebook that not many people will know what this is about :/

xhxixdxdxexnx said...

Vague generalisations?
I tried to write this so it applied to other things, but it really was inspired by a couple of things.

Cross-Eyed Morgan said...

yeah i do that too haha
but i'm still having trouble thinking of anything awe-inspiring to say haha