CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Why Do I Even Bother?

I'll lock myself alone in a room
Drink until the clock strikes noon
With just a pen, a pill, and some paper
And maybe I will write a sad song
Or another cliche poem
Of the person that I long to be
-Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday, Senses Fail

No matter how good you are, there is always someone better than you. No matter what I write, someone else will write it better. Recently I have discovered that this can be proven.

Let us compare. With Paramore.

First: Lie To Me (Me) vs. Crushcrushcrush (Paramore)
Clearly Crushcrushcrush is better, and they both seem to reach the same conclusion. All I can boast is that Lie To Me is harsher.

Second: Decoy (Paramore)
 This isn't really a comparison, Decoy is what I was trying to write a couple of years ago. I failed so miserably that it never ended up on DeviantArt.

Third: Contradictions (Me) and 1395 Days (Me) vs. Ignorance
Okay, yes this is a stretch. Ignorance is a combination of what I was trying to write when I wrote both of these. That is how badly I fail, I can't find the right words and then end up with something that doesn't at all say what I want it to.

Forth: What Do You Do? (Me) vs. That's What You Get (Paramore)
There are probably a few others that I could compare to That's What You Get, but I think this one works best. They both have the same theme, but What Do You Do? is much too closed and forced sounding. Probably because it was forced.

Fifth: Defiled Princess (Me) vs. Brick By Boring Brick (Paramore)
I actually liked Defiled Princess, until I found Brick By Boring Brick yesterday (go watch the video, seriously). I love the whole fairytale gone wrong theme, but apparently I can't write it well enough. See also Shethoughttheredbeahappyending (Me).

Funnily enough, I have written a song about this problem: Better Than (Being) Me, or alternatively Anyone But Me for the newer slightly altered version. Anyone know of another song about this that's better than mine? I think that would be somewhat ironic. Or at least unfortunate.

Stay tuned for more Pathetic Tales From A Broken Doll.

xx

0 comments: